to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Oct 16, 2012

Marc Janssens - sculptures

Marc Janssens' mixed-media sculptures never cease to amaze me since I first saw a few of them some 5 years ago in a gallery.  The sculptures always seem to have the same expression and yet they are so full of emotions.
But I've never seen them in a setting just so right.  I imagine the large engines of the power station coming to life at night to create these robust but fragile beauties.


















STROOM

20 artists exhibiting at the former powerstation of the coalmine
Electriciteitscentrale, mijnsite Beringen, Belgium

stroom2012.blogspot.nl



related post
Marc Janssens at Gallery Art Cezar (click title, not picture)




No comments: