to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Oct 6, 2012

laB - modern restoration in Istanbul

On my stroll through the Tophane area I came across a tiny shop. 
My absolute favourite: laB - laBoratuvar

If I lived in Istanbul, this is where I would buy my furniture...




It's only three months ago that this young architect/designer couple, Ceren BASGOZE & Fatih BASGOZE, have settled in the neighbourhood.  A bit of a gamble as Fatih says, re-Use in modern living is quite new and unknown in Turkey.


I simply love the way they use antique furniture and add a modern feature to it





my favourite piece in the shop





the shop is a bit tiny to actually make decent pictures of the items so I was given permission to take a few pictures from their website (something I normally never do)








check the website to view more original designs

labtasarim.com
Lab creates modern architecture and interior designs by combining design dynamics whit its own view of the world.




Adress: Firuzaga mah. Bogazkesen cad.
No: 72/a
Tophane / Beyoğlu
İstanbul




No comments: