to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jan 20, 2012

Sachi Miyachi - playing with sticks

Sachi Miyachi (JN) - The Gate - 2010



the 'nonchalance' of the location - Verbeke Foundation - adds a certain charm, quite the opposite from the usual stark, clean exhibition spaces



weeds in the greenhouses are invading the space and installations



the structure reminds me of the ones that were standing in the playground when I was a child




and it reminds me of this...

François Schuiten - La Fièvre d'Urbicande - Les Cités obscures - Editions Casterman - 1985



not quite able to explore the structure from all sides...




there is a fotoshoot going on.


Westakker
B-9190 Kemzeke (Stekene), Belgium

No comments: