to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Nov 26, 2009

Camiel Van Breedam - 7² x 2



I felt like a child in a candystore or toyshop at the 7² x 2 exhibition. I could spend a whole day here.

Lovely bits and pieces of worn wood, lovingly assembled turn into fragile poetic sculptures.


Simple, pure, elegant.


Finished to perfection.



98 objects are divided into 7 groups according to a theme.



Mostly in wood, but also other reclaimed materials are used.


The expo has a great catalogue with two pages for each work, I love it!

Camiel Van Breedam (B) - the artist who always wears red -
makes assemblages, collages, sculptures and environments working with discarded materials.

Exhibition at the Middelheim museum -Antwerp until December 20, 2009
UPDATE : the exhibition will remain until January 10, 2010 which is great news, I might visit it again when in Antwerp.

related posts

No comments: