to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Jun 24, 2008

how do I get good pictures?

I'm desperately trying to make good pictures of the lights I make. I've tried a zillion times, I just don't get the colours right. Set before a plain wall, a black backdrop, corrugated iron, brickwork ... in daylight, at night, at dusk ... Some colours come out completely different once I switch on the light. Especially the reds are pretty hard to catch. And some colours completely disappear.

I've just added some of my Good Mood lights of my stAAApel-gek series on a slideshow on the right of this page. I'll be adding more in days to come, I still have to photograph the latest series - panels to put on a wall. And hopefully I can get over my frustration of not having the perfect pictures.

No comments: