to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Feb 26, 2008

Shakespeare's epitaph


GOOD FREND FOR JESUS SAKE FORBEARE
TO DIGG THE DUST ENCLOASED HEARE
BLEST BE YE MAN YT SPARES THES STONES
AND CURST BE HE YT MOVES MY BONES
Ever since my brother had this rubbing from Shakespeare's tombstone I loved it (and that is some 35 years now). I just like the rhythm of the verses and every time I read this I have to smile. No one will ever try to remove his remains, you never know ...
I pasted it onto triplex and built a large frame around it so that I can deposit bits and pieces of bones I find. The skull was found in the garden a few months ago on a spot I pass regularly; one day it was there and I'm pretty sure it wasn't the day before. I have no idea what animal it is from. I don't think it is a rabbits' or hares' or cats' skull, animals we see regularly in our garden. But what is it then?

2 comments:

Becci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
hildA said...

to the person who left and later deleted the comment : sorry for not reacting sooner on your comment. answer to your question : I really have no idea how much this would go on an auction, I have no idea what to ask for it either