to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Feb 6, 2008

german pottery - accidental collection

This is NOT a collection, I know it looks like one.

For years now I am on the lookout to find interesting colours and shapes in ceramics and pottery to build my 'Honderdwater' series (the slideshow on the right of this page). Only recently did I realize many people do collect these West German pottery from the sixties and seventies.Yesterday I was trying some colour combinations for my flickr pictures so I decided to put some items stamped 'West Germany' together (the plain red one has a stamp I can't identify - I'm not in that business, so I can't tell if it is WG).
There are more in other colours and patterns, might do something with these in the near future.

No comments: