to the artists, designers and craftspeople who think I call their work kitsch... this is NOT the case, it refers to my own work

Nov 29, 2007

my Holy Trinity - part II - Niki de Saint Phalle

Tarot Garden
details of mosaic

Niki de Saint Phalle




if the slideshow doen't show, click HERE
Niki de Saint Phalle is the second person whose works inspire me for my Honderdwater pillars. The slide show above are details of the mosaics in the Tarotgarden she built in Italy. We visited this place just a week after she died a couple of years ago. The garden wasn't finished, but there is a crew that continues her work. As the name says, the enormous sculptures are based on Tarot cards. The biggest one, the Empress, was her home and studio for many years. Click on her name to get a link to the garden to see all the structures and her biography.

the small pictures are details of my work on the pillars




















































To view more posts on Niki de St Phalle : use the 'search this blog' on top right of the page.

No comments: